We are a leading showroom in the luxury home improvement area, located in Toronto. We are currently recruiting an Inventory & Pricing Specialist who is a self-starter, hard-working and committed to excellence.
Reporting to Senior Management, this position provides leadership and expertise in Inventory systems and physical inventory management, pricing and costing, and database management.
- Work under pressure to carry out cycle counts and full inventory counts, along with ad hoc requests and demands, coordinating and facilitating different inventory needs as necessary.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of warehouse inventory and work closely with warehousing, purchasing, and customer service to identify and resolve the root cause of inventory accuracy discrepancies.
- Generate monthly trend data for inventory levels by product category; review inventory targets and make recommendations to Management.
- Assist and develop inventory monitoring systems to ensure inventory discipline and accuracy.
- Maintain integrity of showroom floor pricing
- Execute all showroom floor and database pricing changes
- Work closely and collaboratively with operations team to ensure efficiency and flow of inventory
- Work closely with senior management to achieve business objectives and support growth
- Provide Continuous Improvement recommendations by analyzing the processes and identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- 5 or more years’ experience in retail or distribution inventory management
- Accounting skills an asset
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot tables, Macros, etc.)
- Knowledge of inventory management software and implementation
- Analytical mindset with logical thinking skills and strong financial acumen
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Expertise in solving problems with diplomacy and professionalism
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic working environment
- Ability to deal effectively with suppliers and internal customers
- Strong accountability to meet deadlines and objectives with limited supervision/work independently
- Must be able to stand for extended period of time
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Inventory Management: 5 years (Preferred)