ArborMetrics Solutions is seeking motivated, highly skilled individuals to fill temporary supervision, quality assurance and vegetation planning roles. Key tasks will include planning, scheduling, auditing, and reporting for electric utility vegetation management, and integrated pole maintenance programs. We are currently looking to add 5-10 Utility Vegetation Planners to our team as soon as possible.
ArborMetrics Solutions is currently seeking individuals to fill a flexible temporary position to complete work throughout the United States. Preferences will be given to applicants that have personal/professional flexibility, and the ability to work in both Canada and the United States. Employment packages include a minimum of a 40-hour workweek, company vehicle, and ample opportunities for overtime and growth in the industry. Work is scheduled around needs basis throughout North America (with the immediate need being in California). Employment opportunities with ArborMetrics Solutions after 6 months is based on individual and contract performance.
The following is required for all our job openings;
- Must be proficient in the operation and use of computers including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel); your work, timesheets, and majority of communications are computer based.
- Supervisory experience.
- Valid First Aid and CPR.
- Must be able to hike numerous km's per day; work in California requires walking cross country (vehicle use in minimal due to fire concerns).
- Must be willing/able to travel throughout Canada & the United States.
- All successful applicants must have a valid driver’s license & valid passport.
This field position will focus on assessing vegetation around powerlines and creating vegetation maintenance plans on Distribution or Transmission rights of way. Preference will be given to those with electric utility or line clearance experience; 2 or 4-year diploma/ degree in forestry, horticulture, natural resources, or related field. ISA Certified Tree Worker, Certified Arborist, or Utility Specialist designation would be an asset. Experience related to herbicide application, mulching, tree falling, and tree trimming (climbing and/or from a bucket) is also considered an asset. Strong computer skills with a wide range of applications from Microsoft Excel to GPS technology will be used in this position.
ARBORMETRICS IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
Applications MUST include a covering letter and resume. The covering letter MUST note the position(s) of interest and why you are qualified to fill the role. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply to this job posting.
For more information about ArborMetrics Solutions please visit us at: www.arbormetrics.com
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)