Valeo Networks, the commercial Information Technology division of Saalex Corporation, is a full-service nationwide Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) that serves State, County, Municipal (SCM) markets; small-to-medium businesses (SMBs); and non-profit organizations. Firmly seated in the top 10% of revenue generating MSSPs nationwide—making it one of the largest MSSPs nationally—Valeo Networks provides solutions in the areas of cybersecurity, compliance, cloud, network infrastructure, and managed IT services. With over 20 years of industry experience, Valeo Networks is headquartered in Rockledge, FL with additional locations in Arizona, California, and Oregon. Learn more at www.valeonetworks.com.
NMS is looking for a smart, capable, and friendly, IT Senior Support Technician with at least three years of experience directly supporting SMB and/or enterprise customers in remote and onsite capacity. We need someone on our team who loves to solve technical problems and work with people. We are in the business of helping people achieve their goals through technology.
We are an MSSP looking to add technical talent out of the Burnaby/south Vancouver area. This position is responsible for delivering remote and onsite technical support in Windows-based environments for SMB customers, ensuring proper company-wide computer operations supporting end-user and network business continuity, including service/help desk support, hardware and software installation, diagnostics and troubleshooting, training, and special projects. Follows a daily calendar/queue that is set by the Service Coordinator.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Complete requests and resolve incidents related to devices including desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile, phones and phone systems, conference room technologies, and any associated peripherals and components such a thin client, printers, fax machines, and other end-user technologies.
- Providing both “Tier 1 and “Tier 2 helpdesk levels of technical support, training, and troubleshooting to users.
- Build strong relationships with our clients on earning trust by solving their problems quickly and correctly.
- Maintain local server and infrastructure racks, including cabling, hardware installation, power management etc.
- Monitor servers, UPS, and other enterprise equipment. Effect repairs, updates, or replacements as needed.
- Diagnose, identify, isolate, and analyze problems based on information presented by end users.
- Alert management to recurring problems and patterns of problems that may be widespread or affecting staff.
- Accurately track and document all inventory changes and perform full hardware or software inventories.
- Perform additional enterprise engineering, implementation, or troubleshooting as workload allows.
- Provide after hours and on-call support as needed on a regular schedule as well as for local special projects.
- Follows defined procedures for incident resolution, and proactively creates and updates SOPs as needed.
- Learn and adhere to the company Core Values.
- Able to stay focused on concentrated on performing responsibilities, without distractions.
- Sometimes act as a point of escalation for other technicians.
- Create new service delivery procedures and documentation as well as review existing documentation with a critical eye towards standardization and improving overall service delivery.
- No hesitation to pick up the phone and answer the calls from our clients.
- High energy and initiative to get stuff done – our clients are waiting.
- No ego or chip on your shoulder – we need humble team players who are easy to work with and take direction.
Technical Skill Requirements
- Advanced working knowledge and experience in supporting the following technologies:
o Windows 7, 10, and macOS laptops/desktops
o Active Directory users, computers, groups, sites
o Microsoft Office 365
o Exchange Online
o File and print sharing in Windows environment
o Field experience running and terminating ethernet cable, patch panels.
o Routers, firewalls, switches (layer 2 & layer 3), and wireless access points.
o VMWare vSphere/ESXi
o iOS and Android mobile
o Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions and best practices
o Storage (RAID, NAS, DAS, SAN)
Qualifications (Required – R / Preferred – P)
- (R) 3+ years doing remote and onsite technical support in a business environment.
- (R) Superior troubleshooting ability – seeks to isolate root cause and apply best practice solutions.
- (R) Very well-spoken and friendly – exceptional communication skills and stays calm under fire.
- (R) Uncanny attention to detail and organized mindset.
- (R) Can type 50 WPM or faster with consistently excellent spelling, grammar, and syntax.
- (P) Experience working in an MSP or MSSP team.
- (P) Experience working in a ticketing and time-tracking system such as ConnectWise, ServiceNow, etc
- (P) Experience working in an RMM solution such as Automate (Labtech), Kaseya, etc.
- (P) CompTIA A+ / Network+ / Security+ (required within 6 months of hire)
- (P) MCSA or equivalent from Microsoft (required within 1 year of hire)
- (P) Associates degree in computer science or related technical field.
- Candidate cannot be a foreign national
- Candidate must be able to work comfortably and with privacy from home office or equivalent workspace with reliable dedicated internet.
- Candidate must live within a 1-hour commute of the office they will be regularly supporting
o (Lowland Dr in Burnaby, BC)
- Candidates outside this distance must be willing to relocate prior to commencing employment.
- Candidate must have reliable mode of transportation for immediate onsite response time.
- Unrestricted ability to independently lift and move PC hardware and peripherals.
- Availability for emergency after-hours support as part of a weekly rotation.