Utilize personal skills and acquire functional and technical knowledge to maintain professional business relationships with customers so that market penetration, product category volume and profitability objectives in the assigned territory are achieved.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Sales Representative (SR) is the entry level field position at Collective Waste Solutions (CWS), reporting to the Business Services Manager. The primary focus of this position is on acquiring proficiency in the knowledge and skills necessary for personal and business success in the CWS organization and applying this knowledge in preserving and growing CWS business at existing customers and securing new customer accounts for overall business growth while focused on acquiring and utilizing solutions/products, market segment and Professional Selling Skills (PSS) through customer sales calls.
- Customer Account Sales and Service 70 – 80%
- Personal Capability Development 5 – 10%
- Administration & Sales Meetings 10 – 15%
- Achieve assigned market segment penetration, growth and sales goals by identifying and securing new customer accounts and by defending, retaining and increasing the profitable penetration of existing customer accounts.
- In concert with the Sales Manager prepare a market segment analysis that identifies market, competitive and segment issues and opportunities in the assigned territory. Implement an agreed to territory sales plan and introduce segment sales and initiatives that address or capitalize on those issues and opportunities.
- Maintain effective oral and written communications to inform Sales Team members and the Sales Manager on the status of accounts, trials, segment plans and programs in process; changing conditions, attitudes and requirements in the market place; on competitive activities; and on unusual problems or accomplishments which might affect business results.
- Acquire knowledge of assigned segment/territory and customer personnel to preserve existing business and enhance the introduction of new solutions/products. Acquire and use PSS selling techniques in planning and executing initiatives to penetrate and convert customers. Establish and maintain effective paper and electronic records and filing systems to enhance planning and follow up activities.
- Be receptive to performance and career development feedback and take action to address personal areas of improvement or to enhance strengths.
- Support Business Unit and market segment goals through collection and communication of information related to competitive manufacturers, solutions/products, sales personnel, practices and the strategic customers they control.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent business experience
- Demonstrated skills and proficiency in personal computer systems and applications
- Evidence of continued personal and professional growth and development
- Prior successful sales experience an asset
- Previous waste management industry experience
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- computer systems: 2 years (Preferred)
- Successful Sales: 2 years (Required)
- Waste Management Industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Edmonton, AB (Preferred)