…a keen software technology developer with Microsoft platform education?
…an experienced graduate from a recognized academic institution?
…willing, able, and authorized to travel across Canada or internationally to the United States?
…committed to learning, teamwork, and long-term career development?
…seeking an incredible opportunity in a rapidly growing segment of the technology sector?
Then build your career at Matrix, an internationally recognized software company revolutionizing how the food industry uses data for over thirty years. We’re expanding again which means we’re interviewing experienced programmers and new graduates who love to bring software solutions to a data fight.
For our newest full-time opening, we are looking for an experienced computer programming, engineering, or other comparable technical backgrounds who want to flex their agile minds. This person will quickly add their talent to our team of development experts in the Microsoft platform – Microsoft Windows operating systems, networking technologies, Microsoft SQL Server databases. The .NET framework, and the C#/ Visual Basic development toolset.
We provide a mutually supportive environment with a personalized development path that lets individuals cultivate and showcase their professional strengths with each new project.
Working on advanced one-of-a-kind software solutions, this position will use and grow your personal engagement, problem-solving, and business travel skills alongside existing technical skills. Frontline with customers via phone or in person, this role will occasionally take you to different parts of the United States and Canada. Please note that applicants who are restricted from (or otherwise unwilling to) travel to the United States or places across Canada for any reason will not be considered as travel is mandatory. Possession of a valid passport at the time of hire is required.
- design and implementation new features and functionality for both new and existing web and desktop applications
- conducting R&D with new libraries, frameworks, and technologies
- reviewing code
- fixing bugs (nobody likes it, but we’ve all got to do it)
- contributing to product documentation
- responding to technical issues that customers maybe experiencing
- communicating openly and effectively with co-workers and customers
- experience with mobile development is a plus as we are currently looking to transition certain desktop
- Traveling is required from time to time in order to gather customer requirements.
We love open source but we don’t shy away from using paid for libraries that can get the job done faster.
Skills & Requirements
- a solid command and understanding of C# and VB
- net (Web Forms & MVC)
- an approach of always writing code as if they are the ones that will have to maintain it over the long.
- good understanding of databases, particularly, SQL Server 2012 or higher
- excellent communication skills and networking abilities with internal and external parties
- proven ability to multi-task and progressively work towards meeting pre-defined timelines, delivering quality work
- strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- team player
- suggesting enhancements to software, where applicable
Nice to have:
- AngularJS 1x or higher
- Xamarin mobile development
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time