District Manager - Eastern Ontario
The District Manager is responsible for the overall operations of their locations (Business & Industry & School), in conjunction with supporting company goals and objectives. This will be accomplished by conducting short and long-term planning efforts, designing programs, and overseeing the development and implementation of company policies and procedures. This position will be accountable for facilitating cost effective food service facilities while maintaining customer and client relationships as well as seeking and promoting new business opportunities.
Key Roles and Expectations:
- Provide excellent customer service to a large scale customer and client base
- Customer satisfaction; implement and respond to inquiries as required
- Address customer complaints as required in a professional manner and ensure direct contact and follow up within appropriate timelines
- Consistently adhere to all Brown’s Dining Solutions Policies and Procedures, while also ensuring that your team do as well.
- Provide overall vision, planning, direction and control to assigned food service locations throughout the assigned district to exceed operational and financial goals.
- Responsible for making strategic decisions and execute and deliver on those decisions on a daily basis.
- Provide guidance and motivation to Location Managers, Chef Managers, Supervisors, and other team members.
- Maintain effective customer and client relationships, while enhancing potential new business opportunities.
- Maintain mutually beneficial business relationships with clients and is able to assist in the development of new business opportunities.
- Responsible for ensuring that each location is adhering to all company policies and procedures, including all federal and provincial legislation.
- Compare monthly location forecast information e.g. sales, cost of sales, labour and profitability to ensure targets are achieved.
- Ensure proper staffing levels are met as per company labour standard operating costs
- Provide additional product information and training to promote increased sales; position team members to ensure effective and efficient customer assistance and product delivery.
- Creatively promote and advertise catering options within the locations using; menus, signage, special events and promotional opportunities.
- Coordinate monthly meetings as a means of increasing communication and training to your team.
- Attend client food committee and operations meetings, prepare agendas and action plans in coordination with these meetings and respond to requests in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate leadership and professionalism; promote and encourage managers and team members to adhere to policies and procedures and to maintain safe routines.
- Support daily shift goals; provide new product information and training as required.
- Consistently apply all confidential and security protocols to ensure the safety of employees.
- Responsible for coaching the team to ensure best possible outcomes and improved performance; follow guidelines as outlined in the Human Resource Manual and report findings for opportunity and seek support from Human Resources.
- Provide ongoing performance feedback; conduct annual performance reviews, document and record any corrective counselling issues and report all concerns to the Senior Director of Operations and Director of Human Resources.
- Train Managers on operation requirements; ensure knowledge of policies, procedures, safety practices and reporting responsibilities.
- Maintain consistent employment standards as outlined under the Employment Standards Act (ESA), Ministry of Labour, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations and Collective Agreements.
- Recruitment and selection as required, including posting vacant positions, retrieving and reviewing résumés, conducting interviews and completing new hire packages for Human Resources and Payroll.
Health and Safety Requirements
- Maintain and promote the health and safety standards, policies and procedures developed by Brown’s.
- Coordinate training programs provided by Brown’s to proactively further develop the health and safety knowledge of all team members.
- Attend health & safety training as directed by your Manager and / or Human Resources.
Qualifications Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- A minimum of 5 yearsof food service management experience; multi-site experience is preferred.
- A food service/hospitality degree/diploma and/or a business degree/diploma is preferred.
- Strong profit and loss knowledge is required.
- Current Safe Food Handlers Certificate.
- WHMIS knowledge is mandatory.
- Positive Criminal Background Check is mandatory.
- Positive Government Clearance.
- Exceptional ability to ensure and promote CONFIDENTIALITY at all times.
- Experience working with Unions and Collective Agreements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual in French considered a strong asset.
- Reliable access to a vehicle.
- Travel will be required to various locations in different cities.
How to Apply:
If you have these skills and qualifications, we welcome your application for this immediate opening to become part of our team. We offer a competitive compensation package, as well as continuing education and professional advancement opportunities.
Application Deadline: June 21, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
Job Type: Full-time
- Food Service Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Kingston, ON (Preferred)
- Drivers License G (Preferred)
- English and French (Preferred)