Alea Software is an Agile/Scrum software development shop with a number of cross functional teams focusing on the design, development, testing and implementation of our expansive software product suite.
Reporting to the Director of Software Development, the Development Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the development team. The position will coach, mentor and oversee all aspects of the team’s performance including setting KPI’s, as well as contribute to product strategies from a technical base.
*If you are a tech professional with an HR interest, apply with us now. We want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage development teams to ensure maximum productivity
- Responsible for ensuring technical resources are responding in compliance with support SLA including triaging support requests and assigning appropriate resources.
- Work with other departments to design and implement new processes and to improve quality and speed of software delivery
- Work with the product planning groups to determine appropriate technical solutions
- Research and evaluation of new technologies and tools for development
- Research, evaluate and implement agile software development best practices, act as Scrum Master when required
- Lead, coach and mentor the development team by evaluating employee performance, recommending or initiating promotions, lateral transfers, etc
- Recruit and retain employees to planned and defined headcount levels
- General leadership/management tasks such as assessing skill levels and abilities, performance reviews, setting of KPI’s, vacation schedules & approvals, developing career growth plans etc
- Regular communication with team and other stakeholders on project status, issues and risks
- On-call expectation
Required Education and Skills:
- 5 years managing technical teams
- Degree and/or diploma in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent with a strong focus on processes and methodologies
- Experience as a Scrum Master
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- High technical competence and ability to work with cross functional teams a must
- Strong ability to estimate development timelines and assign resource allocation
- Excellent ability to lead by example
- Strong ability to influence and motivate others
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and management skills
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with confidential information
- Proactive and enthusiastic, self-motivated
- Highly organized and detail oriented with thorough follow up skills
- Team oriented
Alea offers a competitive compensation package, and encourages a work-life balance. Employees are entitled to 4 weeks vacation, Group Benefits from the beginning of employment, and a flexible work schedule
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 5 years (Required)