Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to the Manager, you will be responsible for the following duties/tasks: receive, sort, check and process goods in the Receiving department. Timely delivery of supplies as required as well as providing coverage for the Storekeeper position in stores.
The successful candidate will be required to maintain control and order of goods in the receiving department including booking in goods, logging information for delivery and obtaining a signature from departments. You will sort goods through prioritization and delivering urgent orders and perishable items. Other duties include Hemodialysis exchange cart deliveries, checking with buyer when purchase order instructions indicate, contacting maintenance for goods which need CSA approval or require assembly prior to being delivered. You may be scheduled at any SHN campus based on departmental needs.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and comprehend directions in English along with good mathematical skills
- Previous experience with the use of material handling equipment
- Must be physically able to perform required tasks involving repetitive heavy lifting, pushing/pulling of heavy loads and extensive standing/walking
- Demonstrated ability to make quick assessments to solve minor problems and establish priorities in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated and able to work independently while demonstrating the ability to work effectively in a team
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external customers
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, customer service and organizational skills
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance
- Ability to speak another language
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers