Timbro Contracting Ltd. is seeking an experienced Surveyor. A successful Surveyor will have knowledge with detail-oriented and accuracy of various survey software’s. Timbro Contracting Ltd. offers an excellent benefits package, pension plan, use of a Timbro work vehicle and a competitive wage based on skills and experience.
· Setup and operate total station/GPS instrumentation, knowledge on lay-out and as-built capture of roads, utilities, etc.
· Experience working with Rover Station (Trimble or Topcon) is a must.
· Perform quality control for survey work
· Perform construction layout and quantity surveys.
· Create grade sheets and as-built construction reports.
· Collect, organize, and record measurements and other data to help prepare drawings, charts, plans, maps, and other documents, set up FM’s Rovers and GPS controls on heavy equipment.
· Accurately calculate layout from digital design files.
· Generate and maintain drawings by tracking and capturing as-built data.
· Coordinate with the project team and maintain site benchmarks.
· Ensure implementation of quality assurance, safety and policy compliance, principles of land surveying and mapping, boundary analysis, right of way mapping and standard surveying practices (field and/or office).
· Reading and interpreting plans, maps, legal descriptions, survey field data and records. Directs the use of and if necessary, operates the various types of survey equipment Use and application of Computer Aided Design and Drafting software (CAD).
· Other related duties as assigned from time to time.
· Qualifications: 3 years’ experience in industrial and construction surveying projects.
· Demonstrated experience with Topcon equipment, tools proficiency in computer and survey software applications. Experience in Trimble Business Center, AutoCAD, and Topcon or similar survey software.
· The ability to interpret and use information from maps, drawings, and measurements taken in the field.
· Capable of working independently
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
· Post-secondary degree or diploma in construction engineering or related discipline.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Timbro Contracting Ltd. is a growing heavy civil construction company based in Agassiz, BC servicing mostly the Fraser Valley area.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34.00-$39.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
Will be reviewed at the Health and Safety orientation when hired.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Agassiz, BC V0M 1A0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- surveying: 3 years (required)
Application deadline: 2022-09-19
Expected start date: 2022-08-29