Attends to the physical welfare of the residents on all shifts. Fulfills client interviewing and education tasks. Performs client assessments and referrals to treatment/rehabilitation. Compiles client and program documentation. Compiles client data in an automated data processing system. Performs daily household and general maintenance tasks.
- Accredited College diploma in either Human Resources Counsellor or Social Services Worker required.
- Baccalaureate Degree in a related field (Social Services or Psychology) preferred.
- Certification in addiction counselling an asset.
- First Aid/C PR certification required.
- Crisis Prevention and Intervention Training required.
- International Certified Alcoholism and Drug Counsellor (ICADC) certificate is an asset.
- Minimum of one (1) year of recent relevant experience in the management of withdrawal from substances is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of area treatment, rehabilitation resources and community services preferred.
- Must be willing to work all sh ifts in a 24/7 service and must be willing to provide shift availability (3 days per week - all shifts) required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide ideal client care for a diverse population suffering from substance dependence is required.
- Demonstrat ed ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate client needs is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and coaching skills required.
- Flexible, organized and self-directed wit hin scope of responsibility is essential.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and independent judgment is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, problem-solve with proven critical and creative thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated computer competence required.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health network [formerly Toronto East General Hospital] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abidin g by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH policies and practices.