Date Posted: May 5, 2021
Posting #: 21-0730
Status: Temporary Full-Time (May 2021 to August 2021)
Program: Northeast Cancer Centre
Department: Oncology Informatics & New Patient Referrals
Site: Northeast Cancer Centre (NECC)
Assist with the day-to-day support of the North East Cancer Centre’s Oncology Information System by
acting as a first point of contact for staff via telephone and email communications to troubleshoot and
resolve first level application related issues in an efficient and courteous manner.
Under the general direction of the Manager, Oncology Informatics.
1. Act as a first point of contact for incoming application requests and issues.
2. Record, categorize, and log requests for service for department prioritization.
3. Leverage available tools (MS Teams, External Vendor support, knowledge base and other
sources of documentation) to resolve incidents in an efficient and effective manner.
4. Transfer and escalate incidents and problems to next level support resources as required.
5. Monitor interfaces for errors and direct follow-up to the appropriate sources.
6. Verify new user accounts and make the required configuration changes to the system based on
7. Attend issues in-person, where remote resolution is not successful.
8. Liaise with external vendors to resolve system issues as required.
9. Assist with testing functionality in coordination with the team.
10. Pull data and reports for cyclical reporting as required.
11. Update metrics and other documentation as required.
12. Determine and align improvement projects with HSN’s Strategic Plan; monitor and adjust to
achieve goal outcomes.
13. Participate in education and training specific to current, relevant federal and provincial health and
safety legislation, standards and guidelines.
14. Educate and promote health, safety and wellness in the work place.
15. Represent the department or program on various committees and in meetings as required.
16. Perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
1. Enrollment in a minimum of a 3 year post-secondary program in a Computer Science, IT and
Information Systems, or related field, from an accredited college/university.
2. Ministry of Labour “Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps” training certificate is
1. Experience working in an IT department or service desk role within a health care environment is
2. Experience with Mosaiq, Meditech or other healthcare information applications is preferred.
3. Training or recent experience with Personal Computers (PCs) and end-user application support is
1. Demonstrated training, experience or utilization of lean methodology for process improvement.
2. Demonstrated ability to independently identify issues, plan improvements, measure success and
3. Demonstrated excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word,
Excel, Power Point and Outlook) and patient information systems.
4. Demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
5. Demonstrated ability to manage routine correspondence, multiple tasks/projects, diversified
workload and rapidly changing priorities and challenging deadlines.
6. Demonstrated discretion and maturity when handling confidential information.
7. Demonstrated commitment to the safety of co-workers and patients.
1. Successful Criminal Record Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC) is required.
2. Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
3. Demonstrated professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
4. Demonstrated positive work record, discipline free record, and excellent attendance record.
5. Demonstrated highly developed customer-service orientation.
6. Ability to meet the physical and sensory demands of the job.
7. Ability to travel between local sites.
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected for this position on the basis of their skill, ability,
experience and qualifications as identified in the resume and completed
Application Form submitted. The Hospital reserves the right to conduct a formal
interview where required.
Bilingualism is an Asset
N.B. Applications for this position must be submitted to the Human Resources Department before 1600
hours on May 12, 2021 .