Measurement Sciences Inc. (MSI) is a geomatics firm based out of Calgary, Alberta. At MSI we are involved in multiple specialty geomatics projects utilizing high end technology to deliver unrivaled products to our clients. Some projects include mapping rivers throughout Alberta and British Columbia, deformation monitoring of geotechnical hazards and utilizing drones to collect high resolution imagery and dense LiDAR point clouds.
Expectations of Successful Candidate:
- Be comfortable working in water and on steep terrain. We require employees to maintain a certain level of fitness.
- Be willing to work in remote locations and being comfortable with constant ATV and boat usage.
- Prepare field notes and sketches in the field with QA/QC and data uploading each evening.
- Being able to adapt to the technical challenges of processing data and learning new surveying technology.
- Organize and maintain all equipment.
- Follow safety procedures set out by MSI.
- Will satisfy drug and alcohol screening requirements.
- A diploma from a recognized Geomatics program considered an asset.
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Experience with the operation of total stations, levels and GPS technology.
- Experience flying drones would be considered an asset.
- Any current safety certificates/training would be an asset (First Aid, H2S, ATV).
- Strong mathematical and computer operating skills.
Travel out of town, working overtime and weekends will be required. The candidate must be willing to work in all types of weather conditions.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types: