Hastings Manor – Belleville, Ontario AND Hastings Centennial Manor – Bancroft, Ontario
The County of Hastings is currently accepting applications for a Full-Time Dietitian/Food Services Supervisor. The position will work three days per week at Hastings Centennial Manor (Bancroft, ON) and two days per week at Hastings Manor (Belleville, ON) to meet legislative requirements.
The primary function of this position is to perform direct and indirect clinical and supervisory activities related to the provision of the Nutrition Care and Hydration Program for Hastings Manor and Hastings Centennial Manor in compliance with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care standards for Nutrition Care and Food Service.
- Complete admission, quarterly and annual RAI-MDS assessments. Maintain, document and communicate up to date care planning to include appropriate dietary interventions for residents.
- Monitor residents for change in status, nutritional risk, weight and skin integrity.
- Participate on committees and attend meetings as may be required. Including but not limited to Professional Advisory Meetings,Resident Multidisciplinary Conferences, leadership, Accreditation, Health & Safety, Resident Safety
- Collaborate with team members to develop, plan, prepare and implement staff training
- Address individual nutrition needs and complete Dining Program Assessments as necessary and make recommendations as required.
- Participate in and/or lead professional development activities through both internal and external programs such as webinars, mandatory training, workshops and in-services.
- Supervise the daily activities of the Dietary Department and the environment to ensure compliance to Ministry standards, Public Health inspections, Occupational Health and Safety Act and County Policies. Prepare a plan of action with the food service supervisors.
- Cover for the Food Service Supervisors when required – inclusive of the occasional weekend
- Ensure all employee incidents are documented, investigated and reported to the Administrative Assistant, inclusive of corrective actions to prevent further incidents immediately. Ensure all employees are provided with immediate first aide and or modified duties as needed.
- Complete menu development, roll out (production sheets, standardized recipes inclusive of therapeutic diets and texture modifications) in accordance to Ministry of LTC standards and guidelines
- Immediately report and document all incidents of alleged, suspected or witnessed abuse or neglect of a resident in accordance with County policies and the Ministry of Long Term Care.
- Be aware of and follow emergency response procedures including all practice drills.
- Be accountable for the delivery of high quality, safe and reliable care along with a safe work environment to ensure and protect the health and safety of those who use and deliver the programs and services provided by Hastings/Quinte Long Term Care Services.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Foods and Nutrition or equivalent with an additional one year Dietetic Internship.
- Successful completion of the Dietitians of Canada Examination.
- Member in good standing with the Ontario College of Dietitians and the Canadian Dietitians Association.
- 2 or more years’ experience in Long Term Care setting or similar Dietary Department.
- High level of proficiency in both written and oral communication and computer literacy.
- Excellent planning and organization skills, and the ability to analyze, process and make recommendations.
- Knowledge of and the ability to put in place Long Term Care compliance and other regulatory standards applicable to Dietary Services.
- Expertise in Resident Focused Care.
- Excellent public relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment and demonstrate sound decision making, time management and administrative skills.
- Valid “G” driver’s license and use of vehicle.
HOURS OF WORK: Monday – Friday with some weekend relief as required
WAGE RANGE: $72,817 - $85,169 per annum, with excellent fringe benefits
Please send resume and cover letter by email Quoting: 2020-NON-HMCM-181 – “Your Name” in the subject line.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
Juliana Alvarez-Molina, Human Resources Advisor
Talent Management & Talent Acquisition
“The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.”
Reference ID: 2020-NON-HMCM-181
Application Deadline: 2020-07-22
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $72,817.00-$85,169.00 per year
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care