The Senior Signage Prepress Operator will report to the Signage Supervisor.
The Senior Signage Prepress Operator will act as the first line of defense for the production department, they will be responsible for the accuracy of all files and information provided. They will also act as a training professional for new and less experienced coworkers. The operator will also work closely with production staff to ensure workflow is accurately followed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Hours will be 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday.
- Manage the signageemail cue, respond timely to the emails with questions, and forward any special requests to the Signage Supervisor.
- Preflight all electronic job tickets sent in through PACE for the accuracy of information and provide feedback/questions to team members to ensure that all information is gathered.
- Complete file set up of print ready files, creating cut paths, bleed and any finishing requirements that may require adding.
- Produce pdf proofs and send to requested individuals, set up hardcopy or reduced proofs for production in requested timelines.
- Follow up on late deadlines for projects that are still on proof.
- Produce visual mock ups and mechanicals for installation projects.
- Work with team members to ensure installation projects are set up accurately and efficiently for both production and installation tasks. Create checklist as per process with all production information required including panel size, enlargement information and any colour information required.
- Comply with West Canadian Digital processes.
- Train all new employees on PACE, processes, and the different methods and skills required for a signage prepress position. These would include, equipment, materials, workflow and possible shortcuts that make the position more efficient.
- Support the Edmonton Signage department with the above same tasks from the Calgary Alyth Office with the same processes set in place as Calgary.
- Work with Project Coordinators to assist in basic Graphic Design of including, and not limited to: Vehicle Graphics, Digital Décor, and Wayfinding.
- Post-secondary education in a graphic design and/or print operations program.
- Excellency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- 5-7 years direct signage prepress and operations experience.
- Multi-tasking and high capacity workload required.
- Individual with an “all in” and team first attitude
- Demonstrated knowledge of both rigid and soft signage substrates.
Job Type: Full-time
- Signage: 5 years (Preferred)
- Press Operator: 5 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Calgary, AB (Required)