POSITION TITLE: ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
DEPARTMENT: FINANCE & ACCOUNTING
LOCATION: CORPORATE OFFICE- NIAGARA FALLS, ON
REPORTS TO: ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MANAGER
Established in 1934 as a small plumbing and heating company, E.S. Fox Limited today is recognized as a preeminent Canadian multi-trade Industrial, Commercial, Institutional and Nuclear constructor and fabricator. E.S. Fox Limited works in the industries of oil and gas, petrochemical, mining, pulp and paper, steel, automotive, pharmaceutical, casinos, hotels, hospitals, schools, and themed entertainment.
The company is headquartered in Niagara Falls, Ontario, and maintains full-service regional offices in Hamilton, Toronto, Port Robinson, Whitby, Kincardine, Kingston, Sudbury, and Thunder Bay. With a strong commitment to health, safety, and the protection of the environment, E.S. Fox Limited has earned a reputation as a people-first, environmentally conscious, socially responsible constructor.
The Niagara Falls Corporate Office is looking for a dedicated, accountable and detail oriented Accounts Payable Clerk to join our finance and accounting team.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
Performs financial, administrative and clerical tasks related to the accurate and efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions and record keeping. Our work environment is fast-paced and often challenged with tight deadlines.
KEY CUSTOMERS SERVED:
- Company supervisors/managers and vendors
KEY RESPONSIBLITIES AND/OR SERVICES PROVIDED:
- Receive invoices, match to supporting documents (packing slips and purchase orders), and prepare payment remittances (cheques and EFT) in a timely fashion ensuring all prompt payment discounts are realized
- Review purchase orders to verify descriptions, prices and approvals when processing invoices
- Receive, review and process construction related invoices and supporting documentation from project managers; follows up on outstanding approvals and requests for information as required
- Review vendor statements and complete reconciliations to ensure completeness and accuracy of accounts payable records
- Maintain historical records by scanning and filing documents
- Respond to and resolve vendor and internal inquiries
- Provide accounting and administrative support to the accounting team and may periodically fill in at reception switchboard and mail room where required
- Other duties may be assigned at any given time based on the business trends/demands
- Ability to accurately processes data input quickly and without error
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and written
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments with different priorities
- Ability to meet all assigned deadlines
- Organized self-starter, detail oriented, proactive individual who takes ownership of the task at hand
- Exercises discretion and protects confidentiality of sensitive information
- Excellent time management and customer service skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- College diploma in business administration, accounting or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in accounts payable
- Construction industry experience an asset
- General knowledge of accounting systems and Microsoft Office Suite
E.S. Fox Limited is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated
Please visit our website at www.esfox.com for more Company information.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent