Exciting career opportunities. Bold lifestyle adventures. A culture of collaboration. Interested? Let’s talk.
Who we are:
Hudbay Minerals Inc. is a vertically integrated mining company that operates mines, concentrators and metal production facilities. Our vision is of a growing, well managed and consistently profitable company that provides value to our shareholders. Exploration success and continuous improvement in safety, health, environment and operating performance drive the company’s value. Our employees at every level of the company demonstrate ethics and integrity, take on accountability and achieve success. Strategic planning is core strength with plan execution enhanced by high levels of understanding and collaboration. Our company strives to build mutual trust and respect with all of our stakeholder groups.
We are seeking a qualified Mobile Maintenance (Heavy Duty Mechanic) Supervisor to work with our Lalor Mine team in the vibrant community of Snow Lake, MB. In addition to benefits, pension and profit sharing, relocation packages are available to move you and your family. Please note that this opportunity is NOT a fly-in-fly-out position.
- Manages and oversees trades staff and contractors. Schedules and assigns tasks and responsibilities. Prioritizes and assesses work required and determines the most efficient process to complete the work. Assists in resolving problems and issues. Verifies appropriate materials and parts are on-site and on-hand to complete the job. Tours shop to ensure employees are conducting and completing work in a safe and efficient manner. Provides hands-on training to staff and assistance when required.
- Oversee operations. This may include participating in project planning and implementation. Assists in planning for shutdowns. Troubleshoots and diagnoses problems and determines best course of action. Provides recommendations to repairs and maintenance. Participates in budgeting process. Ensures projects are meeting timelines and adhering to budget. Liaises with customers as necessary. Maintains regular communication with other supervisors, foremen and other maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for staff administration. This includes handling discipline, grievances and unauthorized absences. Schedules and coordinates training for employees. Resolves staff issues as they arise. Completes accident and incident forms. Schedules and approves employee vacation and time off. Approves timesheets and forwards to timekeeper. Holds documented weekly safety contact meeting with crew members.
- Ensures work is conducted in compliance with ISO standards. Coordinates and tracks preventative maintenance tours. Conducts Visible Felt Leadership and job task observations. Issues work permits in area of responsibility (i.e., lockout, hot work, confined space). Responsible for governments permits such as propane installations. Verifies health and safety regulations and guidelines are followed. Ensures safe work procedures are documented, maintained and updated as necessary.
- Other duties as required.
- 5+ years experience in mining in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be a Red Seal Journeyperson Mechanic (Preferably Heavy Duty Mechanic/Heavy Equipment Technician)
- WHIMIS, First Aid, Hazmat, Mine Rescue, Fire Extinguisher and Maintenance Training
- Average computer literacy (specifically Excel & Word).
Hudbay is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all designated group members.
Job Type: Full-time