The Mechanical Assembler is responsible for assembling and testing electro-mechanical subassemblies and systems for our industrial equipment.
- Assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts to form subassemblies or finish products using hand and power tools;
- Assemble and test electro-mechanical subassemblies and systems;
- Position, align and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly and connect cables, tubes and wires;
- Bolt, screw, clip, weld, solder, or otherwise fasten parts and components together using hand and power tools and equipment;
- Lubricate, clean, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, and tools;
- Grind, scrape, sand, or polish surfaces using abrasive tools or machines;
- Follow manufacturing and processing procedures, set machine or equipment controls, carry out production and inspection processes;
- Ensure outputs meet production schedules, safety and quality standards, as well as customer needs;
- Operate cranes and forklifts to transport or position larger parts as needed;
- Closely monitor machines for signs of problems while ensuring output is meeting set specifications;
- Ensure proper use of required personal protective equipment at all times.
- Three years of related experience;
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk, and stand for long periods of time;
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labour.
In return for your contributions, we offer an environment that supports and recognizes your professional growth. In addition, we provide competitive compensation, including group benefits and retirement saving plan.
Please note: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the job.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- Mechanical: 1 year (Preferred)