Sungiven Foods Canada Inc. is a Specialty Neighbourhood Grocery with carefully selected private brand products. We pride ourselves as a provider of healthy daily meals. Our products are Natural, Less Processed and contain Fewer Additives for families who love cooking.
We are currently looking for an Export Specialist to join our International Trade team.
About the Position:
The Export Specialist will report to the Head of International Trade and is responsible for providing technical/business support to our International Trade team. This is an exciting people-orientated role that will work in close collaboration between multiple departments to help expand our product offerings in North America. We are looking for a team-orientated, technically sound, passionate individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and maintain purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Support with the implementation of buying strategies, merchandising programs and marketing plans.
- Source and obtain price quotations from catalogues and suppliers and prepare purchase orders
- Contact suppliers to schedule deliveries and to resolve shortages missed deliveries and other problems
- Analysis of retail prices in coordination with the team and Operation Team, as well as the implementation and continuous monitoring of the grocery landscape
- Help manage vendor and brand selection, develop strong vendor relationships, monitor industry trends, evaluate competition, and attend major markets and conduct competitive shops
- Assist in developing the merchandising strategy, and assist with sales analysis
- Maintain record/filing system for P.O. and documentation
- Perform other duties as assigned by the senior management team
- Post-secondary degree in a related field such as, but not limited to, Supply Chain, Procurement, or Business Administration.
- Experience in a retail environment and relevant experience working with vendors is preferred
- Experience in sourcing products in North American
- Possess good communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial spirited, fast-paced and changing work environment with a desire to make a strong impact on the business
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and make judgements and a sense of urgency is important
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong command of MS Office Suite (MS or Google), specifically with MS Excel
- Written and verbal English proficiency
- Ability to speak Mandarin is considered an asset
If you’re a food lover with a passion for people, we would love to hear from you. We can teach/train the rest.
Sungiven Foods is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. This position is open only to those legally entitled to work in Canada. While we thank all applicants, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- international trade: 1 year (preferred)