If you enjoy working with the public in a high energy and dynamic environment - challenging and rewarding job opportunities await you at Serco Canada Inc.
You will be part of a professional team which supports operations at all DriveTest Centres across Ontario on behalf of the Ministry of Transportation.
Driver Examiners are based out of one of our 56 DriveTest Centre locations. Bring your expertise and customer service skills Serco Canada Inc. where challenging and rewarding job opportunities await you!
Serco supports the Ministry of Transportation as a prime for their Driver Examiner Services (DES) contract which supports their DriveTest Centre operations, providing customer information and assisting members of the public at various stages of the driver’s licensing process. Our team of Driver Examiners engages with customers in a friendly, knowledgeable and professional manner.
You will be part of a team that works closely with the customer and other Serco teams that that examine applicants through a road test to determine their abilities in the mechanics and handling of vehicles. Driver Examiners also conduct controlled class tests; observe and assess riding habits, skills and the applicants’ demonstrated ability in the operation of vehicles, making notes on applicants’ compliance to traffic laws, how they handle stressful situations, their adherence to driving regulations and safe driving practices.
You will provide examination results and details regarding errors, as well as areas requiring improvement and complete the evaluation forms for road test assessments, entering road test results into a system/computer. Serco’s Regional Managers and individual Site Managers lead the team of Driver Examiners, offering many years of experience working with our customer and providing the Ministry with excellence in customer care.
In this role, you will:
Evaluate the driving abilities of driver’s licence light vehicle applicants at the G2 and G level.
Evaluate the driving ability of applicants at the M2, M and controlled class (ABZ) level, if qualified and required.
Conduct road tests for those requiring special needs or for those with disabilities.
Provide grade of road test, licence information and resolve licensing issues.
Provide information and assistance related to Driver Examination services.
Responds to enquiries related to driver licensing, determines applicant status, and provides information regarding test/re-test procedures and classes of licences.
Completes three-point verification by verbally confirming the candidates full Name, full Date of Birth and full Address.
Ensure the fair and proper conduct of examinations in an environment that enables candidates to perform at their best.
Review information and determine test requirements.
Ensure the fair and proper conduct of examinations.
Examine applicants through a road test and determine the fitness, competency, and knowledge of driver’s licence applicants.
Provide examination results and complete evaluation forms for assessments.
Create a calm, professional, and supportive environment that enables applicants to perform to the best of their abilities.
Attends travel points to provide testing and licensing services, where applicable.
Must be able to perform physical duties of the position, this may include sitting or standing for extended periods of time and entering and exiting vehicles up to 30 times per shift.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
Additional desired experience and skills:
- Intermediate-level computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Touch-typing and data entry.
- Must hold a valid Ontario Class G driver’s licence.
- Must have at least four years driving experience, verified based on “date first licenced” indicated on the Ontario driver’s licence.
- Must hold a valid Class M and/or controlled/commercial class driver’s licence, if applicable.
- Must have and maintain an acceptable driving record- no more than four demerit points and three violations at all times during employment as a Driver Examiner.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable sections of the Highway Traffic Act, related regulations, and legislation.
1-4 years of customer service experience in a service environment.
- Employees hours vary based on customer demand and location’s operating hours.
- This position may require extended shift hours including evenings and possibly Saturday and Sunday hours (depending on location) during certain periods of the year when DriveTest Centre volume is higher.
- This position requires the attendance of a formal training session, which includes classroom instruction with experienced and qualified trainers and on-the-job shadowing at a DriveTest Centre facilitated by a coach. If you are unsuccessful at any stage of the training, your employment will end effective immediately.
If you are interested in supporting and working with our Customer Service professionals and a passionate Serco team- then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career!
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has approximately 8,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).