Job Posting #E023-20
Program Coordinator, Full Time – Cedar Valley
Lookout Housing and Health Society is a charitable organization and social safety net that provides housing and a range of support services to adults with low or no income, who have few, if any, housing or support options. As the people we serve have challenges meeting basic needs and goals, we place minimal barriers between them and our services. We believe that helping people help themselves is essential in addressing homelessness and all the issues that surround it. Securing appropriate housing is the first and most essential step in achieving responsible and independent individuals. For more information about Lookout, please visit www.lookoutsociety.ca.
The Program Coordinator reports to the Abbotsford Program Manager and provides direction and oversight to the program, ensuring all clientele receive the pertinent service required. The Program Coordinator also ensures that the goals and philosophy of the Society and programs are met, while maintaining a minimal barrier, open-door service to adults who are disenfranchised from other housing. This position is responsible for personnel management including hiring, training, and providing support for discipline issues and appraisals. Other responsibilities include; payroll, callouts, scheduling, administration, and support of personnel in their work performance. The Program Coordinator assists in ensuring program budget is maintained, forwards purchase orders for approval, and provides required financial documentation. The Program Coordinator will liaise with the neighbourhood and service community and deal with the public, other service agencies, and professionals.
· Post-secondary education, preferably in the Social Services or Health fields, or comparable experience
· Two (2) years of experience working in the community social services sector and in a unionized environment
· Experience with scheduling, payroll, budgeting, and human resources is an asset
· Demonstrated knowledge of harm reduction, naloxone intervention, health resources, etc.
· An Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certificate is required along with a Criminal Record Clearance for the Vulnerable Sector
Skills and Abilities:
· Strong collaborative approach to delivering and developing programs and services
· Proven ability to lead and work with a staff team in a unionized environment
· Demonstrated experience collecting program statistics and delivering reports
· Strong time management skills with the ability to manage a workload with multiple priorities
· Proven communication and conflict resolution skills
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume, and quote Job Posting # in subject line
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be accepted until June 4, 2020 at 5:00pm
*Only those short-listed will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- payroll, Scheduling, Budgeting : 2 years (Preferred)
- related: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 (Preferred)