G.E. Barbour Inc. is a multi-product food processor based in Sussex, New Brunswick, Canada
famous for King Cole Tea, Barbour’s spices and nut butters. Since 1867, G.E. Barbour Inc. has
maintained the highest standards in product quality and customer service. We are searching for
an experienced Procurement Manager.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Maintain a low cost of goods while meeting raw material and packaging components
- Ensure materials are available for production while increasing inventory turns
- Negotiate agreements, maintain contract files, PO management
- Supplier performance tracking and goal setting
- Monitor adherence to quality and food safety protocols.
- Three years post-secondary education in Supply Chain or business.
- Supply Chain Management Professional designation or equivalent experience.
- Five to ten years of procurement experience preferably in a leadership role in the food
or CPG industry.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Market knowledge in one or more of the following; commodities, ingredients, bottles,
cartons/cardboard, labels, logistics, MRO.
- Negotiation training
- Supply chain, Logistics and Warehouse management knowledge
- Inventory management
- ERP/MRP system’s knowledge
- Experience in a CPG environment
- Proven track record in change management
G.E Barbour offers offer a competitive compensation and dynamic work environment. If you are
interested in this position, forward your resume and covering letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org before March 8, 2019, quoting “Procurement Manager”. We
thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.