Established in 2004, HSI Group Inc. supplies high quality combustion, instrumentation, security, automation and electrical services and products to the oil and gas, pipeline and petrochemical industries; and to a diverse and expanding array of industry clients across Western Canada. We are a rapidly expanding and industry-leading enterprise, driven by core values of safety, integrity, performance, learning and teamwork. We have a forward-looking growth strategy, and increasing opportunities for career advancement. Our commitment to communications and employee development has helped us become an employer of choice.
Title: Instrumentation Technician
- Work with a variety of pneumatic, electronic and microcomputer instruments used to measure and control variables such as pressure, flow, temperature, level, motion, force and chemical composition.
- Consult manufacturers’ manuals to determine test and maintenance procedures.
- Use pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices to inspect and test instrument and system operation, diagnose faults and tubing.
- Practice loss management principles.
- Consult with and advise process operators.
- Repair, maintain and adjust system components or remove and replace defective parts.
- Conduct risk assessments.
- Calibrate and maintain components and instruments according to manufacturers’ specifications.
- Work with engineers on basic design.
- Install and maintain instruments on new or existing plant equipment and processes.
- Interpret and use appropriate CSA, ISA and API installation standards and practices.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Journeyman Instrumentation Technician
- A valid Driver's License and a good driving record.
- Completed training in First Aid, H2S, CSTS/PST.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to work and excel in a very fast paced environment both in a detailed and safe capacity.
- Prior work experience in the construction, maintenance and/or electrical/instrumentation industry with a minimum of three years of experience in an oilfield industrial environment
- Competitive benefits & wages
- Referral Incentive Program
We appreciate all submissions; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Lloydminster, AB (Required)
- Drivers License (Class 5) (Required)
- English (Required)