Quality Assurance Developer/Analyst
Full Time - London, ON
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Assurance Developer/Analyst will play a key role in ensuring that our software products are of high quality and meet the needs of our clients. This position will perform system integration and test efforts, with close collaboration and support of a software development team. You will develop manual and automated test cases pertinent to the product, and aid with the debugging/troubleshooting process.
Who are we?
STEP Software is a technology firm specializing in software solutions for a wide variety of industries. We are coding experts that work in a broad set of technical languages.
We have been in business since 2005 and are fortunate to have put together one of the smartest and most capable technology teams in our region. STEP Software is a great place to spend your professional day and is always looking for exceptional people. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
By translating business challenges into high-performance software, STEP Software develops mission-critical applications that meet stringent quality standards and specific business goals. We strive to create a culture that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why join the STEP Software Team?
- Be part of the NERDVANTAGE team that is exciting/forward-thinking/fast-moving
- Work with a high-performance team that loves to be clever, bold and creative
- Enrich your skills and development
- Maintain work-life balance with flexible work from home policy or work from our modern large office in London
What we are looking for in a Quality Assurance Developer/Analyst?
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Programmer Analyst, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years’ experience software testing
- 3+ year experience in using test automation with tools like Selenium, Nunit, JMeter, SoapUI
- 3+ year experience in using scripting languages such as JAVA, C#, SQL, etc.
- Hands on experience using databases
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Experience working in a client facing role with customers at all organizational levels
- High degree of professionalism and business acumen
- Proactive self-starter who thrives in both a team and autonomous environment
As well as these skills:
- Knowledge of quality assurance principles and procedures
- Ability to analyze requirements and identify missing needs or improvement
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills - verbal and written
- Data collection, management, and analysis
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Sound judgment
- Decision-making skills
- Customer service orientation
Job Type: Full-time