*Updated: January 23, 2019
This position offers an opportunity to contribute and collaborate with a small team of (2-3) professionals within an office of seven (7), for our continuing education program for residential builders. We need you to help us maintain a Learning Management System (LMS), design and develop blended or online courses, and provide ongoing support to education staff, students and instructors. A collaborative, innovative approach to e-learning combined with strong technical skills will be key to success in this exciting and challenging role.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Extensive experience with a Learning Management System (LMS)
- A holder of a relevant degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Strong organization and data entry skills, excellent ability with all Microsoft programs, including Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe, Articulate Storyline and/or other related programs
- Experience creating learning experiences, online modules, courseware
- Experience with assessment and quizzing technologies; experience conducting and evaluating user experience through usability testing
- Ability to design and develop custom learning experience and visual media with beginner to intermediate knowledge of HTML, CSS, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and video editing and animation software such as Adobe After Effects
- Strong capabilities in instructional design for web-based applications including experience building storyboards
- Creative team-oriented personality with the desire to take initiative
- Detail-oriented with the ability to bring innovative ideas and approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Minimum of two years' experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience developing learning objectives and ensuring content matches objectives
- Ability to work with subject matter experts (SME) to identify and act on learning needs
- Ability to structure content and activities appropriate for adult learners
- Knowledge of UX user experience and user interface design
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Conducting needs assessments to determine educational technology requirements and structuring content suitable for adult learners
- Developing and revising online modules through the instructional design process
- Developing and sourcing multimedia resources including data visualizations, graphics, images, presentations, video content, and print resources
- Ensuring accuracy and functionality of online quizzes, assignments and exams, creating, uploading and testing in LMS
- Reviewing and updating student ID processes
- Providing support to online learners and supporting instructors with online facilitation
- Updating and monitoring LMS data and reporting as required
- Creating video conference course modules in the LMS
- Assisting with and coordinating content development for multiple projects
- Working with content experts, other education staff, project leads and stakeholders to ensure effective communication of issues, needs, problems and opportunities
- Working closely in a non-hierarchical, collaborative learning and teaching environment to continuously improve design practices and methodologies
- Revising course descriptions and confirmation messaging to students as needed
In addition, the candidate will provide ongoing technical course support to the team and assist with other activities as required.
Does this sound like a position for you? Apply now.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and résumé that must include compensation expectations in the cover letter clearly identifying your skills and what you can bring to our team. Please include “*Education Technology Support*” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
About the Canadian Home Builders’ Association of BC (CHBA BC)
The Canadian Home Builders’ Association of BC (CHBA BC) is the leading advocate of the residential construction industry in British Columbia, representing more than 2,000 member companies through an affiliated network of nine local home building associations. We are the leading provider of builder education and host the annual Georgie Awards that showcase building innovation and excellence in new homes and renovation. The industry contributes over $18.2 billion in investment value and creates 198,000 jobs – making it one of the largest employers in the province.
Job Type: Full-time
- LMS or educational technology: 2 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)