Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for a conceptual thinker to join our in-house creative marketing team as a copywriter. This role is equal parts wordsmith and product educator, and will require thinking outside the box to create a copywriting framework from scratch. Working with cross-functional teams and reporting to the creative director, you will be the voice of the brand while writing and maintaining the rule book on style, punctuation and tone. You will work in lockstep with our Associate Creative Director and design team to develop easy to understand, compelling, and highly aspirational language for marketing campaigns and assets.
The ideal candidate has the ability to think big but also dive into the details; has both marketing and product copywriting experience; maintains high personal standards, and is an exceptional error-free communicator.
This position is based in Toronto, Canada and reports the Creative Director.
What You Will Do
- Guide the development of Tonal’s brand voice, and create fully integrated ideas across channels
- Collaborate with Marketing, PR, and Customer Experience to develop a variety of content marketing materials
- Comprehend and articulate the complexity of the product and apply persuasive writing to sell ideas, Tonals and subscriptions
- Write in a conversational voice using easy-to-understand and compelling language
- Produce error-free content that adheres to the company's style guidelines
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- Propose copy concepts and present strategic thinking to business leaders
- Craft engaging social media writing, including the use of hashtags, emojis, and acronyms
- Bonus points if you have an understanding of SEO
Who You Are
- A creative entrepreneur who enjoys the autonomy and pace of a start-up culture
- Comfortable in an Agile environment. You are organized and aren’t intimidated by project management software like Asana or Jira
- An excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Working under pressure comes as second nature; you excel at navigating gray areas and you know when to stop and seek guidance
- Proven track record of success with plenty of writing examples to showcase your thinking and execution.