Job title :
ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for a permanent full time Project Manager to join our Capital Planning and Projects team at Interior Health!
About the Role:
The Project Manager is responsible for facilitating and coordinating the design, construction, and building commissioning stages for all capital, upgrade, and operational projects at one or more assigned sites within the Interior Health Authority Region. The Project Manager provides the leadership and expertise required to ensure that projects at the assigned site(s) are delivered within scope, cost, time, and quality to the client’s satisfaction and within a safe working environment.
This position has a flexible worksite and can be located anywhere within the Thompson, Cariboo, Shuswap region of Interior Health.
Some Key Duties may include:
1. Leads and facilitates all stages of project design (on multiple projects) to ensure cost effectiveness, adherence to building standards/codes, and consistency with technical, project’s scope of work, and functional program requirements.
- Acts as a liaison between consultants and internal clients during the planning stages to ensure compliance with client requirements, application of sound industry practices, and consistency with Interior Health Authority policies and practices.
- Participates in project steering committee meetings to establish project schedules.
- Participates in the establishment and verification of project budgets.
- Reviews all drawings and specifications to ensure adherence to building standards and coordinates input from client users to confirm functionality.
- Analyzes technical and situational information to determine the project’s potential impact on services, facilities, systems, and/or staff.
- Responsible for the preparation of cost estimates.
2. Responsible for the reporting and quality control of assigned capital projects.
- Evaluates design specifications to ensure they are within allocated budgets and scope at various project milestones.
- Monitors consultant and contractor performance for adherence to contract conditions, budget, and schedules.
- Ensures accurate and timely reporting.
- Approves project invoices and progress claims for payment.
3. Leads and facilitates all stages of project construction (on multiple projects) to ensure cost effectiveness, adherence to building standards/codes, and consistency with technical, project’s scope of work, and functional program requirements.
- Reviews functional project design to ensure that all construction requirements have been included (e.g. decanting, demolition, and building system issues).
- Prepares the Request for Proposal or tender documents.
- Monitors all stages of construction to ensure cost effectiveness, adherence to contract terms of reference, and consistency with technical and functional program requirements.
- Reviews and approves all documentation related to the administration of the construction contract.
- Performs or arranges for site inspections.
- Ensures consultants and constructors meet their contractual obligations.
4. Leads and facilitates all stages of operational commissioning (on multiple projects) to ensure cost effectiveness, adherence to building standards/codes, and consistency with technical, project’s scope of work, and functional program requirements.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
- Coordinates and/or participates in the development and implementation of building commissioning plan.
- Meets with users to review arrangements/requirements for moves.
- Meets with all support departments to schedule adequate time for pre-move tasks.
- Facilitates testing and equipment inspection processes.
- Ensures orientation and training to client users on new equipment (e.g. nurse call system is arranged).
- Verifies that space and components are functional.
An attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects await the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer one of the best benefit packages and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive defined employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
- Post secondary diploma in architectural/engineering technology to interpret drawings and specifications, cost project technical requirements, supplemented by training in project management software, contract law, insurance requirements, and financial management.
- Five years of related experience, including hospital or medical facility construction experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.