Why the Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities. Our locations,
programs and services are designed to help our members and participants grow in spirit, mind and body and
are open to people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities.
At the YMCA
- you will feel connected to community, when your work positively influences the lives of others in so many
- you will meet new people, while working at one of the most respected human services organizations in the
- you will expand your knowledge base, where you can flourish in values-based environment.
- you will have career development opportunities where you build a better future for yourself and others.
- you will experience a rewarding job by helping support the building of healthy communities.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is a multi service, non-profit values-based charity that serves Windsor-
Essex, Sarnia-Lambton, Chatham-Kent, London, Middlesex-Elgin, Huron-Perth, and Oxford counties. Our
Childcare Services, school age programs, camp programs, health and fitness branches,
community programs and newcomer services across the region. Our commitment includes a special focus on
the region’s children and youth. From the kids in our camps and those participating in soccer and swimming
lessons, to youth who are new to our communities from around the world, the Y is committed to helping our
next generation to grow and thrive, as healthy individuals and passionate future leaders.
Y” not join the thousands of members, employees and volunteers and share our vision of a healthy
As we continue to grow, we have a need for the following positions:
Location University YMCA - 1141 Western Road, London, ON
East London YMCA – 2016 Dundas Street, London ON
Dietary Planner – Fulltime (Permanent))
Qualifications & Experience:
- Hold a Valid Food Handler’s Certification recognized by public health is required
- Confirm that you hold a standard first aid certificate- level C or include the date of training scheduled within
the next three months. Training cost and time is at the expense of the applicant and not reimbursed. (Must be
an approved training partner by WSIB)
- Current successful Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 6 months
(Must be 18 years and older) or receipt of application
- Food Preparation experience preferred
- Meet immunization requirements outlined in the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014
- It is a YMCA of Southwestern Ontario requirement that all employees and volunteers be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions will be granted upon receipt of acceptable proof of a
permissible Human Rights Code ground.
- Starting from $14.25 per hour (annual salary $27,787.50)
- Benefits package - upon successful completion of their 90-day probationary period
- Pension - upon successful completion of their 90-day probationary period and employee participation
- A YMCA personal membership at our health and fitness branches
- A discount on our Childcare and Camp programs
- Vacation entitlement in accordance with the employment standards regulations
- 12 paid personal days per year
- Monday through Friday (no weekends)
- 7.5-hour workday
- 37.5-hour work week
- To ensure compliance with Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 and Health Department regulations
- YMCA of Southwestern Ontario policy and procedures.
- Responsible for ordering and purchasing food for programs while maintaining budget requirements.
- Primarily preparing nutritious snacks and meals for a 58-space facility and provide snack support to local YMCA
School Age Programs.
- Strong knowledge of the Canada Food Guide, to plan meals and meet the individual needs of each child’s diet
due to health or religious restrictions.
- Act as a YMCA ambassador, demonstrating YMCA core values in your daily work.
- To participate in consultation, problem solving and sharing of resources with Director, centre team and other
department dietary planners
1. In your cover letter, specifically state the position you are applying for and location. Job ID: CESDPS2021
2. Please include specific information detailing how you meet the qualifications we require for this position
3. Submit your cover letter, resume, and applicable attachments, to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders
including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our
premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set
forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Want to know more about us, visit us at: