· Responsible for providing security during the development stages of different products, systems, networks and data centers.
· Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, installing, and supporting a company's network and security infrastructure.
· Responsible for assessing, testing and selecting new security products and technologies
· Define, implement and maintain corporate security policies, procedures and guidelines
· Develop portfolio of security services that can be offered to customers and used internally
· Design audits of computer systems and disaster recovery plans to ensure operational security and protection from attacks.
· Configure and monitor SIEM system, analyze incidents and alarms
· Create and execute strategies to improve the reliability and security of IT systems
· Develop and maintain security controls documentation
· Develop unique strategies to protect software systems, networks, data centers, and hardware
· Responsible for maintaining security tools, protocols, updating systems, firmware
· Responsible for minimizing security threats by examining infrastructure and devices, identifying security flaws, and using control analysis to follow up with a prompt solution
· Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of a company's data and information systems
· Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources
· Design, support, document and monitor security systems and services
· Install, update, monitor security products on users computers and cellphones
· Provide regular status report demonstrating work accomplished to date and work remaining for next period
· Work with customers, other IT groups or IT companies if required
· Support and diagnosis technical issues involving Firewalls, VPNs and Routing
· Configure and support AAA systems and Active Directory
· Monitor network activity to identify issues early and communicate them to other IT teams
· Serve as a security expert for customers, internal users, other groups and conduct trainings when needed
· Secure networks through firewalls, password protection, DDoS, IDS/IPS and other systems
· Work overtime as required.
· Participating in regular and adhoc meetings
· Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
· A bachelor's degree in computer science, informational security, or a related field
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Experience and Skill Requirements:
· Excellent network knowledge regarding TCP/IP and Ethernet, SD-WAN, dynamic routing, Wi-Fi, firewalls, VoIP, DDOS, IDS/IPS, LTE
· Previous experience in information security
· Knowledge of security concepts related to DNS, routing, authentication, VPN, proxy services, IPS/IDS systems and DDOS mitigation technologies
· Familiarity with security frameworks (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity framework) and risk management methodologies
· Familiarity with Cisco ISE and AAA framework, Active Directory, virtualization technology and OS (i.e. Android, iOS, Windows, Linux)
· Familiarity with PCI, HIPAA, NIST, GLBA and SOX compliance assessments
· Familiarity with ISO 27001/27002, ITIL and COBIT frameworks
· Proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics, and RSA Security
· In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of enterprise SIEM platform
· 3+ years’ experience with network equipment configuration (Cisco routers), and troubleshooting
· 1+ year of VoIP experience
· Experience with Cisco, Meraki, VMware, Fortinet or Juniper products, willing to learn other products
· Cisco CCNP Security, Juniper JNCIP-Security, CISSP
· Must be a self-starter with excellent time management skills
· Ability to adapt to a dynamic, fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
· Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, project management and organizational skills.
· A keen interest in learning and continuous improvement of processes and systems.
Additional Information about the Role:
· Canadian permanent residency or citizenship, temporary work permit
· Occasional travel to company's datacenters located across Canada
· Occasional travel to customer's sites
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Based on experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Cyber Security: 2 years (Preferred)
- Network Administration : 2 years (Preferred)
- CISSP (Required)
- CCNP Security (Preferred)