The Service Technician works with Service Coordinators and Service Managers – to deliver, install, inspect, repair and perform periodic preventive maintenance on Espresso, Brewing, Grinding, Vending machines and Water Filtrations systems.
This position is responsible for servicing our external customers and providing efficient and comprehensive repair of company owned/leased equipment. (Vending machines, coffee brewers, water filtration units) Vending machine preparation and machine refurbishing will also be included in this position.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Troubleshoot, inspect and repair equipment dispatched
- Communicate with customers and management on issues regarding equipment and products
- Maintain a parts inventory in company service vehicle
- Maintain a clean and organized vehicle
- Work in shop to refurbished equipment and get “street ready”
- Communicate with co-workers and management to answer questions about equipment and repair
- Aid on installation of new or refurbished equipment at external customer’s locations
- Wear only approved Brokerhouse Distributors uniform at all times while on the job
- Adhere to all safety rules – be safe on and off the job site. Be cautious and careful when driving. Immediately report any safety violations to Management. Never do ANYTHING that puts your safety, or the safety of others, in jeopardy.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time
Must have relevant experience in one of the following industries: Vending machine repair, refrigeration, appliance maintenance or repair.
- Must have valid driver’s license – must be insurable to operate a vehicle (of the required class for the jurisdiction)
- Must have an acceptable drivers abstract
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Must have a professional attitude and appearance
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs without assistance
- Good organizational skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly verbally and in writing
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude
- Skilled with the use of test instruments such as multimeters
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team
- Ability to learn new products and machines
- Ability to work on commercial espresso, coffee brewing , coffee grinding, water filtration systems and Vending Machines.
- Ability to read diagrams, maps, and schematics based on different machines types
- Must be able to embrace technology
- Must know basic mechanics for electric, refrigeration and plumbing
- Must be willing to be trained
- Needs experience with both a smart phone and SMS messaging
- Must be willing to work on call after hours format
- Travel outside your service area as needed
- Work week is Monday – Friday (Some evening, week-end and holiday on call is required)
Benefits and why to work with us:
- Our progressive environment offers Competitive wages
- Discounts for you and your family on all products and merchandise we sell
- Our friendly and excellent team will make you feel at home.
- Health and Dental benefits after 90 days
Application deadline: 2022-01-24
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
All customers are required to wear a mask, curbside pickup is available,common surfaces are sanitized regularly.