OPPORTUNITY OPEN TO INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES!!
***LMIA*** Support Provided!!
Do you have magical hands? Are you a tool/mold making Guru? If the answer is 'Yes', We need you!
Where does the Mold Maker fit in?
The Mold Maker will be responsible for making molds from concept to completion as well as has experience in troubleshooting and maintaining plastic injection tooling in an automotive manufacturing environment. You will will be involved in tooling/injection mold maintenance, mold repairs as well as making new molds. Ensuring efficient manufacturing , tooling approach and effective tool build to timeline objectives and project requirements
What you can expect as our next Mold Maker :
- Manufacture tooling / injection molds as per internal specifications and engineering standards
- Manufacture all other tooling / fixtures as directed or required
- Responsible to ensure quality, reliability, maintainability and durability of tooling which meets or exceeds both internal and external customer requirements as directed
- Manage all project expectations and for a specific tooling project
- Ensure all team members understand the project scope / approach and requirements
- Ensure efficient manufacturing , tooling approach and effective tool build to timeline objectives and project requirements
- Review mold designs and performs appropriate DFM ( Design for Manufacturability) assessments and feedback to the team as required
- Schedule all tasks for tool build as required
- Perform preventive maintenance / work orders as required
- Perform repairs / tooling assessments as required
- Complete work order and inspection records & maintain records as per company policy
- Maintain compliance with the quality assurance manual
- Perform mold maintenance activity
- Review the Non-conformance Report and assists quality committee to implement corrective and preventive actions
- Keep work area and equipment clean and orderly and/or follows all safety rules
- Follow inspection methods and work instructions, and company policies and procedures as required
Are you our next Mold Maker?
- Completion of post-secondary education/certification as a licensed toolmaker/Mold Maker or related educational background
- 5+ years’ experience as a skilled Mold Maker
- Must possess a "Team" mind set and have a collaborative approach to the projects
- Knowledge and understanding of tooling drawings/ specifications and engineering standards
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Additional skills/specialization- CNC/EDM is an asset
- Experience in the Automotive Industry is a HUGE asset!
To name a few, we offer an amazing work environment/culture, ability to participate in multiple fun-filled company events and so much more! Don't forget to ask us about our competitive total compensation package!
**Think you'll be a GREAT for for this role?! Apply using the link below:**
We, at Axiom are an equal opportunity employer. We are always looking for talented individuals who are motivated to meet and exceed their goals. We are proud of what we’ve been able to accomplish, and searching for new and talented additions to our team has always remained a priority.
Axiom is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $1.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greater Toronto Area, ON L4G 3S8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- mold making: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location